APM346-2012 > Home Assignment 1

Problem 5

(1/6) > >>

Miranda Jarvis:
I was wondering if for problem 5 if we have to show all the steps to getting answers or if we can simply apply the applicable formulae from lecture notes? (example can we simply use the D'Alembert formula?)

Laurie Deratnay:
Just wondering if in part c) of problem 5 the question should read: Consider (7) in (x<3t, x>-3t) ?
(instead of x>3t ....)

Victor Ivrii:

--- Quote from: Miranda Jarvis on September 22, 2012, 03:55:39 PM ---I was wondering if for problem 5 if we have to show all the steps to getting answers or if we can simply apply the applicable formulae from lecture notes? (example can we simply use the D'Alembert formula?)

--- End quote ---

What problem D'Alembert formula solves? Is it the same problem as here?

Victor Ivrii:

--- Quote from: Laurie Deratnay on September 22, 2012, 08:51:54 PM ---Just wondering if in part c) of problem 5 the question should read: Consider (7) in (x<3t, x>-3t) ?
(instead of x>3t ....)

--- End quote ---

Just wondering whether you have any reason to prefer $\{x<3t, x>-3t)\}$ to $\{x>3t, x>-3t\}$ or just want to boost the number of posts :D

Levon Avanesyan:
I will expand this question a little bit:
So, can we use the formula of general solution for wave equation or we should prove/derive it?

P.S. This is my first post here, so I am not sure if I am asking an appropriate question :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version