Author Topic: Scope of Term Test 2  (Read 18786 times)

Chiara Moraglia

• View Profile
Scope of Term Test 2
« on: November 10, 2012, 10:53:21 AM »
Hello,

I just wanted to verify whether or not the material covered in home assignment 7 (Laplacian, etc.) will also be on the midterm. Is the test on all the material covered up and until Friday November 9th?

Thanks!

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of Victor Ivrii
Re: Scope of Term Test 2
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »
HA4,5,6 + HAY = Lectures 12--21

Zarak Mahmud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 04:04:44 PM »
So then I imagine HA7 is not due on the 14th? Since last time the assignment was replaced by 'HAX' and due date was pushed back. Or am I being a bit presumptuous?

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:29:24 PM by Victor Ivrii »

Calvin Arnott

• OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
Since I can't reply in the announcement thread: http://forum.math.toronto.edu/index.php?topic=83.0

I have a class at 18:00, so I need to go to the early sitting. To be clear; I can just show up to HU1018 at 16:00, and I don't need to sign up for anything in order to attend this sitting- correct?

Zarak Mahmud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »
Oh sorry, I saw the post from the second link but missed the first one. I too have a conflict and must go to the early sitting. I assume we just show up.

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »
Since I can't reply in the announcement thread: http://forum.math.toronto.edu/index.php?topic=83.0

I have a class at 18:00, so I need to go to the early sitting. To be clear; I can just show up to HU1018 at 16:00, and I don't need to sign up for anything in order to attend this sitting- correct?
YES

Marija Ojdrovic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »
Just wondering if there are any office hours at any point tomorrow?

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 10:31:22 AM »
Just wondering if there are any office hours at any point tomorrow?

There are today (Wed) as usual and if you writing test after 6 you can drop to my office Thu between 2:00 and 5:15 pm

Marija Ojdrovic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »
Ok great thank you :)

Yi Shang

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »

Instructor from the morning session just announced today that the TT2 will cover everything learnt, including all the laplace material and assignment 7. Is is also true for the evening session???????

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 11:59:13 AM »

Instructor from the morning session just announced today that the TT2 will cover everything learnt, including all the laplace material and assignment 7. Is is also true for the evening session???????

This question reminded me a joke:
One dude  boarded a plane from Toronto to St. John's but with a ticket in Economy class he occupied a seat in the Business cabin and refused to leave it. So the Captain came from the cockpit and whispered something to this dude who immediately moved to his seat.

"What did you tell him?"--"I told him that this cabin does not fly to St. John's".

Both night and day section have the same home assignments, tests, and final, and no, I was not misleading you. There will be no separation of variables in polar coordinates which is the topic of HA7 (due to coming Monday).

Probably someone misunderstood Prof. Colliander :D

Kerri, Hu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »

This question reminded me a joke:
One dude  boarded a plane from Toronto to St. John's but with a ticket in Economy class he occupied a seat in the Business cabin and refused to leave it. So the Captain came from the cockpit and whispered something to this dude who immediately moved to his seat.

"What did you tell him?"--"I told him that this cabin does not fly to St. John's".

Both night and day section have the same home assignments, tests, and final, and no, I was not misleading you. There will be no separation of variables in polar coordinates which is the topic of HA7 (due to coming Monday).

Probably someone misunderstood Prof. Colliander :D

Thanks for the reply, just want to make sure that nothing beyond lecture 21 will be on the termtest 2,ie. harmonic function. Because we have been working on the review only based on the 12-21 scope all these time.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:32:56 PM by Kerri, Hu »

Jinchao Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:42 AM »
Dear professor, I am wondering that will you provide basic Fourier transform table in the exam?

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 02:32:43 AM »
Dear professor, I am wondering that will you provide basic Fourier transform table in the exam?

On the test--no.