APM346-2012 > Home Assignment 2

Problem 1

(1/4) > >>

Laurie Deratnay:
Hi - In the pdf of home assignment 2 in problem 1 the inequalities throughout are different than the other version of the assignment (i.e. pdf version has 'greater than or equal to' and the other version in only '>').  Which one is correct? 

Victor Ivrii:

--- Quote from: Laurie Deratnay on September 27, 2012, 10:06:01 AM ---Hi - In the pdf of home assignment 2 in problem 1 the inequalities throughout are different than the other version of the assignment (i.e. pdf version has 'greater than or equal to' and the other version in only '>').  Which one is correct?

--- End quote ---

Really does not matter, but I changed pdf to coincide

James McVittie:
Can we assume that for part (C) of Problem 1 that the Cauchy conditions are evenly reflected for x < 0?

Victor Ivrii:

--- Quote from: James McVittie on September 29, 2012, 08:13:56 AM ---Can we assume that for part (C) of Problem 1 that the Cauchy conditions are evenly reflected for x < 0?

--- End quote ---

Sure, you can but it will not be useful as your domain is $x>vt$ rather than $x>0$. Just use the general solution.

Peishan Wang:
Professor I have a question for part (c). Does the solution have to be continuous? For example I have f(x) on x>2t, g(x) on -2t<x<2t and h(x) on -3t<x<-2t. Should f(2t) = g(2t) and g(-2t)=h(-2t) (so the overall solution is continuous)?

My problem is that some of the f, g, h involve a constant K and I was wondering if I should use continuity to specify what K is.

Thanks a lot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version