APM346-2012 > Home Assignment 6

Problem 1--simplified

(1/4) > >>

Bowei Xiao:
I guess in problem 1 part c and d...you actually want to type X^n exp() and so does d? Guess there's typo there..

Yes, thanks, it was typo, but I decided for a sake of simplicity to take $n=1$. V.I.

Calvin Arnott:
In part d. of this question, the Fourier transform of $ x^ne^{-\alpha |x|}\cos(\beta x)$, I can find quite a few representations for $F(k)$ but none of them have a really tractable closed form. Is it OK to write an answer for the transform in the form of operators acting on a function?- this form of the solution is easily the most elegant in appearance.

Victor Ivrii:

--- Quote from: Calvin Arnott on November 03, 2012, 08:37:38 PM ---In part d. of this question, the Fourier transform of $ x^ne^{-\alpha |x|}\cos(\beta x)$, I can find quite a few representations for $F(k)$ but none of them have a really tractable closed form. Is it OK to write an answer for the transform in the form of operators acting on a function?- this form of the solution is easily the most elegant in appearance.

--- End quote ---

If you can (c) then you can (d); however to make things simpler I changed $n$ to $1$ in both (c) and (d).

Hanqing Liu:
In part b and d, Does it matter if we change the trig into its complex form?

Victor Ivrii:

--- Quote from: Hanqing Liu on November 04, 2012, 05:34:18 PM ---In part b and d, Does it matter if we change the trig into its complex form?

--- End quote ---

No spoilers, please! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version