Poll

Should be night class offered at Fall or at Spring?

At Fall
1 (7.7%)
At Spring
7 (53.8%)
Does not matter
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Should be the night class offered at Fall or at Spring?  (Read 3891 times)

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of Victor Ivrii
Should be the night class offered at Fall or at Spring?
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:14:21 AM »
Should be the night class offered at Fall or at Spring (with the morning class offered at Fall)? I have feelings that at Spring it would serve better for the students but I may be very mistaken. In particular I am biased against Night Monday classes at Fall as the timetable is borked (6 hours of lectures in 3 days of the 13th week!)

Surely the poll is not scientific as it is offered to the students who can take APM346 at Fall, and it is not up to instructors, or even department to change the timetable, but still--what do you think?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:20:56 AM by Victor Ivrii »

Zarak Mahmud

• View Profile
Re: Should be the night class offered at Fall or at Spring?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »
Do you mean because of Thanksgiving and Fall break we have to catch up those 6 hours in December?

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »
Do you mean because of Thanksgiving and Fall break we have to catch up those 6 hours in December?

We are catching 4 hours in comparison with the morning section--but we have 6 hours of lectures Dec 3 and Dec 5

Ian Kivlichan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 04:51:21 AM »
As is, students can only take this course in Fall semester -- for that reason alone it would be better to offer a section in Spring semester.

But yes, constant holidays on Mondays in Fall mean that Monday night lectures shouldn't really be offered... the Faculty Registrar probably doesn't care though...

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:31:34 AM »
There was a meeting with a Dean at Halloween night and I complained that Monday night classes' schedu;e is borked. I suggested that Fall break if it is really needed should be Thu-Fri (meaning the fair distribution of the misery). Let's see.

Several years ago there was no night section but students requested it.