Author Topic: Missed Tests  (Read 2962 times)

Victor Ivrii

• Administrator
  • Elder Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of Victor Ivrii
Missed Tests
« on: October 18, 2012, 09:56:57 AM »
Missed Tests We are talking about missed tests (not Final Exam) for which absence was justified by submitted documentation. Please bring it to me or to Professor Colliander ASAP. Do not leave in mailboxes or under the door! At the moment I get a note I log them on blackboard (so you can see it in the field "Notes") and it will affect your final mark as specified:
  • If no test has been missed then each test is scaled from 100 to 20 (so mark is multiplied by 0.2), Final Exam is scaled to 40 (so mark is multiplied by 0.4) and pooled together (to contribute together up to 80 to the Final Mark)
  • If  one test has been missed then the other test is scaled from 100 to 20 (so mark is multiplied by 0.2), Final Exam is scaled from 100 to 40 (so mark is multiplied by 0.4) and pooled together and then multiplied by 4/3 (to contribute together up to 80 to the Final Mark)
  • If both tests have been missed then  Final Exam is scaled from 100 to 40 (so mark is multiplied by 0.4) and  then multiplied by 2 (to contribute together up to 80 to the Final Mark)

• Home assignments are pooled together and 2 worst will be dropped. If there will be 10 home assignments then only 8 would be counted so together their marks will be out of 160, which should become 20, so this sum would be multiplied by 1/8. So far HA-total is a sum of HA1+HA2+...; after all HA marks are inserted, this BlackBoard column will be deleted and then replaced by a calculated externally as BB is unable to perform such calculations.
  • Web bonus comes on the top: 3 karma points = 1 mark point but the total web bonus will be capped by 5.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:05:41 PM by Victor Ivrii »